Pages

Thursday 17 November 2022

NIGERIAN MAN WHO WAS A CLEANER AND LATER GOT PROMOTATED TO BEING A STAFF IN THESAME COMPANY.

Just like always, Ganarious Blog love to bring you incredible stories. Today, we have Marcus with us.

Marcus was a cleaner, who was later employed by his boss...





1.Tell us about yourself (your education , family background and tribe)


 I am MARKUS METHUSELAH I was born on 04th April 1996 into a family of ten.  I am the fourth child of the family. I am from bauchi state bogoro LGA dambar.


I am a humble and a gentle person who doesn't like going beyond a given Instruction. My love for education has triggered me to study hard and motivated me to aspire for greatness. My dream was to be a ‘’DOCTOR’’ since from childhood, but I end up studying mechanical engineering.


MY EDUCATION: I finished both primary and secondary school in Lafia, Nasarawa state. I started my ND program as part-time study with the help of my colleague and some of my bosses in the office. My HND has been taken care of by one of my boss in the office presently  I'm a student of Lagos state polytechnic.


FAMILY BACKGROUND:  I am the fourth child from a family of ten and we lost two persons so currently I have 8 surviving siblings. My father was a civil servant (teacher in primary school), a pastor in catholic church, and a farmer. We are not that wealthy family and we are not that poor to go a whole day without food. 


STATE: I am from Bauchi state, Dambar, Bogoro LGA, 


TRIBE: SAYAWA


2. Ganarious blog is having this conversation with you because we've learned that you were once a cleaner in a company that you're currently a staff member of. Can you tell us how everything happened?


 I joined the company on January 01, 2015. Although it was my elder brother that was  working with the company at first. So he one day  asked me to replaced him for just 2 weeks for him to travel out.

And then, after he got to the village he changed his mind and informed me immediately that he won't be coming back any more. I politely informed my Former ‘’BOSS’’, the company later decided that I should take over his position. So I embraced the offer.


The first thing that come into my mind was I have to build ‘’TRUST and RELATIONSHIP’’ so I was doing my cleaning job super excited with one mind and confident. after cleaning in the morning all the staff are on my neck going out for their errands and everybody like the way I deliver their errands. Which means I achieved the trust and relationship  that I had in mind from the first place and the next thing I developed was ‘’RELATIONSHIP’’ with them which was a very strong one. Also I always humbly and gently obey their instructions and  do what they ask me to do.


After that my boss trust me 100% given me a token every Friday after closing hour, In 2017 the company decide to review my salary base on my performance. after receiving the letter I got more confidence and courage. I decided to enrolled myself on a three months computer program, at the end of 2017 and finish early 2018. I now proceed to study my ND and HND as ‘’PART-TIME PROGRAM’’. To cut the story short only two things that make me get to where I am today. First 

1. THE TRUST WHICH I HAVE ALREADY BUILD WITH THE STAFFS  IN THE COMPANY

2. THE EDUCATION CAREER I STARTED FROM COMPUTER TRAINING TO MY HND PROGRAM I AM CURRENTLY ON NOW.  


In October 2018 the company relocate to their permanent site then the MD decided to terminate my service because I was still a cleaner, only two of us because the got a company cleaner but my boss told the MD that I am a humble and a trust worthy person furthermore he stated, this boy is a very intelligent and he is in school right now studying MECHANICAL ENGINEERING I am very sure he is going to be useful for us let use him as office assistant the MD letter agree same year an I became staff an they review my salary to (60,000-00) letter 2022 the still review my salary to (90,000-00) all this I was still in school studying till date. That was how I got the office assistant an became a staff. 


3. Who was, and have been your greatest supporter?


The first person was my former boss MR. ADOKWE DANLADI he is a medical practitioner. I met him when we are having a normal conversation like a friend telling him I have passion to be a medical practitioner like him he asked, are you serious? I said yes, he asked me to meet him in his pharmacy which  did. Am I a science student or an art student I told him I am a science student. he asked me not to worry about it he will make sure I do it that is how I keep pushing myself an I started staying with him he keep exposed me with the drugs. Secondly, a colleague of mine Mr. MUSA, working in the same company who stood by me, advised me to put all my strength and energy into my effort because he would not like to see me continue with a cleaning job again. He wants me to become a graduate.


Secondly, A boss and a mentor MR. TAIWO who always give me a word of advice to put my effort in all my weak area in other to achieve my goal. He also support me financially he paid my school fees twice when I was in my ND program another boss currently working same company also taking care of my HND tuitions


Lastly,  my beautiful WIFE who always stand by me and have been praying for me believing in me. Her endurance and extra-patient towards me allows me to take this great opportunity to where I am today


4. How did you develop the habit of staying strong?


Well, it is by the grace of God. only the word of encouragement the inspiration and the promotion that is taken place lead and developed my character to stand strong because you can imagine being a cleaner earning 20,000-00 per month in Victoria Island is not as easy as that because of cost of leaving in that axis in Lagos I always have it at the back of my mind and believe I most get to the next level. 


5. Have you ever thought of giving up because things were not as you wanted them to be? Or because it was tiring?

To be honest I did because when I came to Lagos what I am expecting is different not as I was told I expect different experience and a lot of challenges, like sleeping outside during rain. doing OKADA before I decided to stop an locate my elder brother to start salary work as security for 3 three months before I relief my brother to start cleaning job always sleeping late hour because I and my brother we are both managing with friends, it was not easy for me very terrible for me to manage.  


6. What are your weaknesses and strengths?


my weakness was not meeting up of what I am expecting to see I letter think of quitting the job because always challenging in the office like insult,  maltreat just because I am not a graduate everybody talk to me the way the feel like both child an adult especially when my mother or my father called me the need my attention financially.

 

My strength I keep asking myself quitting the job is not the good idea having thought no one in the family as a graduate also looking at my left an right no option always prayed to God to give me more strength and courage to be able to go back to school because my first target was to educate myself and become a graduate to look like other people out there all this I think energized me and pushed me to pursue greatness. 


 7. Is there something you are proud of in your life?


Yes I do because I am a graduate and I am happy today,  left my parent when I was in JSS 3 because they were able to pay my school fees, so decided to move my life a long, I also other brothers to have their o-level am very very grateful to God  I am a graduate an ND holder currently on my HND also I have my beautiful wife that always by my side.


8. What motivated you to keep pushing?


Well, when I take a look at myself and my family at large, i thank God because beginning of my education career I have the zeal to become a medical doctor that is the first thing that keep pushing and motivated me and it was not easy for me, like I said always feel pain because I am not a graduate. family, friends, relative and colleagues for office keep mocking me with all kind of insult, I tell myself those people out their they don't have two or three head, so I most do it like them. 


9. Is there something or someone that inspired you?


well, the opportunity I got as a cleaner to start earning money give me the inspiration to start thinking how to forward my education, it was the education because immediately I finish my last WAEC and NECO I realize there is no capital to forward my education and I decided to come to lagos to have something doing and have financial to forward my education.  


Secondly, I was inspired by one of boss I work with in the village, and lagos. Both advice and support financially


10. What is your marital status?


ANS: married, I marry my beautiful wife on 13, march 2018. Although God has not blessed us with children yet, I thank him because I always have peace in my family and I am a happy family. 


11. What's your favorite food?


Fresh okra and pounded yam, Jolof rice and chicken, and lastly  fruits.



12. What advice would you like to pass on to youths?

 



 My advice to the youth out there is that everybody should have fear of God first, because  God sees every situation and believes in himself to achieve your goal. Because of the kind of generation we are today, once you have an opportunity grab it and make use of it no matter the difficulties, insults, mockery etc…. Never give up God is in control of every situation in our life.

So, keep pushing till you succeed.


















2 comments:

  1. That was a very inspiring story. The sky is your stepping stone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray for more blessings from God to envelope you with it

    ReplyDelete

Designed by Jide Ogunsanya.