Pages

Wednesday 1 December 2021

MEET THE LADY WHO HAS REFUSED TO GIVE UP ON HER HUSTLING SPIRIT, DESPITE THE CHALLENGES LIFE HAS THROWN AT HER.

Meet a young beautiful lady with a stubborn hustling spirit.

Founder:  MUZAI

On the 20th of November 2021, Ganarious Blog had an online interview with Zainab Musa Rijau. An entrepreneur who we hope her story will be soure of inspiration to other young girls. 

  Zainab Musa Rijau, who often refers herself as "Future Yar'gote" (Because of how optimistic she is) is an entrepreneur, a hustler, and a goal getter who has refused to give up, despite some of the situations, and challenges life had thrown at her.


Tell us About yourself (your Education and family background,tribe, and state of origin) 

My name is Zainab Musa Rijau. Also known as Hajiya Abu. I'm from Rijau local government in Niger State of Nigeria. I am Dukkawa by tribe, born and raised in Minna, capital city of Niger State. I attended both my primary and secondary school in Federal Government Staff School Minna. I went ahead and studied Biology/Chemistry at Niger State College of Education Minna. Currently, I am pursuing my BED degree program under Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida  University studying Counselling/psychology. 




Marital status

Single and not searching. 


Ganarious blog is interviewing you, because we've learned that you are a HUSTLER and a Business owner. Can you tell us how it all started?

it all started when I was pursuing my N.C.E program. Although, I grew seeing my mothers doing small scale business, I mean, selling all kinds of small-small stuffs. I think that was were I got my Entrepreneurship skills and confidence from.

My hustling spirit began during my N.C.E program. I had a thought about how to kept on multiplying my "Pocket Money"  and idea of Buying and selling came into my head, so I used my pocket money to buy few "Made in Aba" Wears, and then I resell. The gain was between a #100-#200, I was being thankful and saved from the little I was making, and then I decided to expand the sale. So I ventured into selling of fairly used imported clothes which is known as "Gwanjo"

  Gwanjo market day is usually on Saturdays. So every Saturday, I will be in the market early so if the bale is opened, I will be lucky to select and picked quality clothes. The business was moving fine, until people began to buy clothes on credit. Most of them used to delayed the payments that I almost gave up, but I didn't. Instead, it paved away for me to began drop shipping, till date. 

How I was able to start and owned my Business: After my I'd graduated from the college, the journey of staying idle started. I mean, staying at home doing absolutely nothing. So I thought to myself that I'm supposed to get something doing, something to keep me busy. So I applied for teaching in a private school, and I got accepted. This, interrupted in my buying and selling because of inadequate of time. However,  I later resigned from the private school I was teaching, and luckily, I got a part-time job in a secondary school. So then, my buying and selling hustle continued. I engage in selling varieties of stuff. So many things. With the little I was gaining, I enrolled for cosmetology training. I'd learnt so many ways shea butter can be refined and turned into cosmetic such as cream, lotion, hair cream and many more. So I started producing and packaging my own products. I'd also trained so many people. 

MUZAI instant cereal meal. 


What pushed you to began hustling/ that which brought out the hustling spirit in you? 

Well, like I said before, after my N.C.E program ended, I began to stayed at home doing nothing. I also do not have any source income then, because I'd stopped the buying and selling due to people not paying me. It was for a mean time though... So then it has gotten to a time that I do not have a #10 of my own. So I used to borrowed from my siblings.

But then, seeing my dad being down, and my mum and her co-partner struggling to keep everything going, I felt it was time I started contributing. As an adult, I should not be adding more burden on them. 




How did you came up with the business name MUZAI? 

Well, the inspiration behind my Business name was from the love I have for my Dad. His name is Musa. So the first two alphabets of his name that is "MU"  And first three of mine "ZAI" Were added. It therefore  formed "MUZAI"

MUZAI Beans flour


Who are your greatest supporters in your business?

My family of course. They've been my greatest supporters ever since I started. Shout-out to them. 

The founders father whose name was the inspiration behind MUZAI

Founder of MUZAI and her sisters


Have you ever had a thought of giving up on your business, due to some challenges? If yes, how did you overcome the challenges?

Yes! So many times. It has not been long that I a thought of giving up. Like, sometimes some challenges seems unbearable, and one will think giving up is the solution. But then it's not. 

Actually, my thoughts do rotate. After having a thought for giving up, my thought will rotate to motivating and warning me not to.

MUZAI Rice and Maize Grit



Your weakness and strength (when it comes to your business).

My weakness is, when my products had stayed long, without being purchased. It weakens me. And, my strength is Allah. Allah has been my strength, and always been putting me through. Along the way my supportive family. Shout-out to them. 


What is your greatest achievement so far? 

Alhamdulillah so far. My achievements in my business are countless. The greatest of all so far is building me to become an independent lady. This give me joy and happiness. At least I won't be a reliability. Also, reducing the burden on my parents. I am not a kind of lady that rely on men, or beg people to help pay for my bills. I think this is one of the greater achievement, being able to pay for my bills.

Again, my business has connected me to people who I'd never thought I will have a good and respectable relationship with, people of high profile. 




What are you proud of in your business?

My customers, who have always been supportive. 



What motivate you/keep you going?

My parents


Is there a book or story that inspires you? 

Well, no! I really do not like reading books. So I can say I am an inspiration myself. 



How do you build a customer relationship?

I always try to stay calm and patient. We all know to what extent some customers approach can be. They can be annoying often, so I always control my temper. 


Where do you advertise your products, and how can one easily get it? 

social media. 

On Facebook, it's Musa Zainab Rijau.

On WhatsApp, it's +2348170482469



As a girl hustler who knows what she want, and never stop chasing, what advice do you have for young girls who are being lazy and depending on their boyfriends for every bills and needs? In other words, how would you tell them to stop being a reliability?

From the way things are going, I think girls are waking little by little. So I will say this to those who are still depending on their men(boyfriends) to help pay their bills, that there is joy in getting and having your own money. I also want to remind them that, so often, nothing goes for free. They pay for your bills, they ask for dirty things in return. 



How would you describe the relevance of your story to being an inspiration for other young girls? 

Well, I think the relevance of my story is to serve as an inspiration for girls like me. If I can do it, you also can do it. All you need is a mindset and dedication. 




Do you have any message, quote, or words of encouragements you will like to pass across anyone who come across this interview?

First! I will say to them never to give up. Build yourself. Be consistent in your business, learn how to move your business forward.

Let me what the 3p's of entrepreneurs means. 

1st P = patience (success don't happen over night. So you have to be patience enough to trust the process) 

2nd P= persistence (you have to be strong enough to not let go because of a mistakes. Instead, learn from your mistakes, and correct the process) 

3rd P= passion (of course you have to love what you're doing. If you don't, hOw else do you expect others to? So love what you do). 

And, for those who want to start up a business, but do not know how, be free to contact me on the above information. I will always be available to put you through. Even if you don't have a capital to begin with. 


So far, Alhamdulillah! All praises and Gratitude are for Allah who has been putting me through. 

 

My products so far are;

1- MUZAI KUNU (instant cereal meal powder) 

2- MUZAI pepper spices

3- MUZAI BEANS CAKE FLOUR. 

4- MUZAI rice and maize Grit.



Lastly, I want to say thank you so much Ganarious blog for featuring me. It's such an honor. 

12 comments:

Designed by Jide Ogunsanya.