Pages

Wednesday 28 September 2022

HOW A LADY REJECTED 10MILLION NAIRA OFFERED TO HER TO MODEL FOR A CLOTHING LINE.

 I choose not to cut my hair, and my hijab over 10Million naira.


It was the hardest decision I have ever made in my life. It really was tough and draining, especially at my age. But I am sure I will thank my self tomorrow for taking that decision.



My name is Nasreen Ahmad. I'm 26 years old, and was born into a family of four. My father is a teacher, While my mum is a small scale trader. Despite the profession of my dad, he always provides, and never jokes with his responsibilities.

I was born with unique eyes lens, which makes me different. During my primary and secondary school, my classmates made fun of my eyes. Some said it's scary when I looked at them, whiled some called me cat eyes. It really was tiring.

In my university days, people I'd come across are more matured and gentle. But, many atimes they do stared at me, which makes me feel UNCOMFORTABLE. That was the reason I started using sunglasses.

Amina was, and have always been my best friend. One day, we were in the masque after Jumma'at prayer. She stared at me for a few minutes, then she smiled and said "you really are BEAUTIFUL". One needs to stare at you for a longer time to know that you are an ART... Created differently.

I only smiled at her.

" oh common on, look at me Nasreen" you are an ART. Look, you should be proud and never be ashamed of how you are created. It's time you stop the fear, come out ant tell the world how amazing it is to be DIFFERENT, while others are thesame"

At that point, tears began to dropped down my chin. Her words got into my heart because no one has ever said that to me, not even my mum and siblings.

I nodded, and thanked her. I said to her it wouldn't be easy as she thought it would be.

She patted on my shoulder, you are an ART, she whispered.

Some weeks after we had had that conversation, one morning I was in my room reading when Amina came in. She hit me on my shoulder "get up! get up!" She said.

I raised my body from the bed as I looked at "what is it?" I asked.

"Come down from the bed" she said 

I did.

She picked up my hijab and wore it on me, and then she dragged me out of the room. I followed her without knowing where she was taking me to.

After some minutes, we arrived at one of the popular and luxurious photo studio in the town. 
"We are ready" she said as we entered the studio. 

I never knew Amina had booked the PHOTOGRAPHER for the entire day. She also hired a makeup artist for the photo shoot. 

I was amazed and emotional.

So after the make-up was done, Amina brought out the clothes I used. She dressed and styled me, and then the snapping began. She was there through out to tell me how to stand, how to sit with style and all of that.

Everything was perfect as if I was a MODEL.

A day after, the photos were ready, and was been sent to Amina.

Amina created an account on instagram with my name, and posted some of those photos.

Like a blink of an eye, tons of people followed, and found me amazing.

From the bio, she indicated that I was a MODEL. So within a short period of time, I had people showing interest that they want to work with me.

My parents supported, and that was how my modelling career started both in my country and other countries as well.

One day, I got a mail from a big and luxurious fashion brand in U.S. 
Myself and Amina were super excited. She kept shouting "Nasreen to the world!!"

Two days after I had agreed to work with them, they sent me a Photoshop of me, but with a different look. It really was me, but with low hair cut, and my hijab were taken off, plus almost the shoulder was naked. 

That's the looks we want for the shoots. They said.

I was down when I read that.

I shown my mum their last message, asking for her suggestions and she said the power to decide is in my hands.

I was worried still.

So I met with Amina, and she said close your eyes. 

I did.

She said now, what do you see?

I can't! I said. I want to protect my future.

Amina hugged me. That's good of you. I will always be your supporter in everything.

We got back to them saying I was not longer interested, because I can't takeoff my hijab, talk more of cutting down my hair.


It wasn't easy, but I am glad I made that decision.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed by Jide Ogunsanya.